Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random Idiocy from the InterWeb
Exploding Idiocy Syndrome

Consumers need to be aware that not everything on the Internet is true, says Canadian medical librarian Susan M. Murray of the Toronto (Ont.) Reference Library. Many online medical sites, she says, contain suspect information. “This poor woman who called us was frantic, she thought she had exploding head syndrome,” Murray says. The woman had learned of the “syndrome” on a web site and assumed the malady was real. The site was a hoax. “This is a perfect example of people jumping on the Internet and believing everything.” (RC/AP) ...[i]Caveat surfor.[/i]

Sock it to Me

Two men in Southport, Merseyside, England, who told people they needed to collect used socks for charity, managed to collect 10,000 pairs. But the two, Steven Bain, 27, and Steven Gawthrop, 31, were actually foot fetishists, police say, and the socks were piled all over their apartment up to 18 inches deep. “They were all over the furniture, hanging from lampshades and even in the microwave, frying pan and cooker,” said one officer who raided the flat. “It was like there had been an explosion in a sock factory.” Police also found pictures of some of the victims holding up their socks before donating them. The pictured included two uniformed policemen and a traffic warden. (RC/London Times) ...[i]However, police were unable to find any two that matched.[/i]
Well.... Here we are again!!  Undecided
Worse than Daytime TV in the U.S.: State television in China is doing a series of reports on the “heroes” in the fight against the COVID-19 coronavirus, but they’re backfiring. One showed nurse Zhao Yu treating patients in a hospital in Wuhan; Zhao is heavily pregnant. “Can we stop all this propaganda?” complained a viewer on Weibo, the Chinese equivalent of Twitter. “What is this, a show for political purposes?” another asked. Another report sparked even more complaints: it shows nurses weeping as their heads are shaved bald to “make it easier” for them to wear “protective head gear” as they treat patients. Viewers complained that there’s no reason to shave the women’s hair completely: if needed for “protective head gear,” surely simply cutting their hair short would be more than enough — just as it is for men, who weren’t similarly shaved. (RC/BBC) ...People who have been ordered to sit at home for weeks have lots of time to think.

Mama Bear
A man in Apopka, Fla., says an intruder came into his house after dark, and he fought with him while simultaneously trying to call 911. The man ran, and “actually threw himself over the balcony in my backyard” and ran toward a neighbor’s house. The homeowner says he “kind of said to myself, ‘Dude, you’re going to the wrong house. I know this girl; she’s not going to put up with that.” The neighbor “girl,” Bridget Erwin, says the man got into her house by smashing the back door with an axe. Erwin, who was home with her two children, simply pulled her pistol — she’s a deputy with the Orange County Sheriff’s Office, and was off duty — and shot him “several times.” She then handcuffed Steven Thayer, 40, and gave him medical attention, saving his life. He was jailed on multiple charges, including aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, and armed burglary of an occupied dwelling with a deadly weapon. (RC/WFTV Orlando) ...“Girls”: tougher than a lot of dudes.
Well.... Here we are again!!  Undecided